- They are extraordinary, they are beyond our normal experience
- They are when we rediscovered who we are; they are when we rewired how we approach the world.
- These moments are when we were at our best…when we are encouraged…inspired.
- And in these moments we find our purpose
As we talked about what we as a staff need to be about in the months leading up to July 2019, we spent a lot of our time outlining what we think will be the defining moments for EPUMC in the coming months. The first two, A and B, were such moments for us. We were very intentional as we planned and talked about both of these events. Below are six very specific events we will be focusing on in the coming months.
A. Sept. 12 WNL begins
B. Sept. 16 Announcement of Retirements
1. Nov. 18 Stewardship/Pancake Breakfast “Show Up / Step Up”
2. Jan. 12 Leadership Training Retreat
3. Jan. 20 Annual Meeting Introduce Theme: “God’s Kind of Time”
4. March 6 First Wednesday Night Live of Lent…
5. April 28 “Milestones” Sermon Series Begins
6. June 9 Celebration of 3 D’s (Deb, Don & Dan)
Our Consultant talked about these events as a “train” that has “already left the station.” What he meant was that each one of these times is an opportunity for you to get on that train, to become even more involved, to step up your engagement in the life of EPUMC.
Retreats are also a time to talk about some of the immeasurables of a place or time. We have identified this crucial element as a growing sense of collaboration among all of us on the staff. Last week we talked about this being a part of our congregation. We are in this together. We have common language. We have a defined purpose.
If you count yourself as an engaged part of EPUMC, I want to invite you to read The Power of Moments, by Chip and Dan Heath. By understanding our life in the body of Christ as recognizing and creating defining moments, I believe we will find a way to be in God’s Kind of Time together.
Keep the Faith,