On Sunday we will connect how this last year of “Becoming a Missional Congregation” is propelling us forward toward a new year of exploring how we will “Find Our Place in God’s Story by Becoming Servants of Christ.” I want to encourage you to come in out of the cold and plan to spend some extra time beyond worship at the potluck dinner and the time of vision we call our Annual Meeting.
Last year was the most fun many of us have ever had at something called an Annual Meeting. I think it was because of a few things we hope to repeat on Sunday.
- First, people showed up.I know it’s not about quantity but quality of the group that matters, but it’s just more fun with more people and we all feel better when more people come to an important event.
- Second, we had food; good food and plenty of it…. with dessert….and you could go back for seconds….even when I start talking.
- And third, we talked more about what’s coming up then we did reporting on what we did last year.In a couple of words, it was interesting and relevant.
This year in addition to everything else, we will hear encouraging news from our Capital Needs team about the next steps in the “Great Things Are Happening Here” project. There will be plenty of time for questions and a chance for all of us to affirm this team’s continued work improving our ministry by improving our building.
We are doing a lot of things to make attending worship/ fellowship/and this annual meeting easy, worth your while and for what it is worth….fun.
- We’ll make sure the heat is turned up and the sidewalk shoveled.
- We’ll have a microphone so you can hear. There will be pictures, graphs, and who knows, maybe Sparky to perk things up a bit.We will even have a booklet you can read if you get bored.
- We’ll have extra help and activities for the kids to keep them occupied.
- The things we’ll talk about will be what you need to be aware of as an active and engaged member of EPUMC.
If you just cannot make it, please join me and begin today to pray for our time together. I am convinced that so many of the great things that happened here in 2015 came from the energy and excitement to say nothing of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit we experienced together at last year’s annual meeting. If you are wondering what to pray, let me suggest the following:
“Gracious God, may the passion of your Holy Spirit burn bright on Sunday at EPUMC.”
Keep the Faith,