The Eden Prairie UMC Worship Team has been working with other leadership and staff to provide a way for us to gather for worship, and we are ready to give it a try!
Wednesday, Sept. 2, we will have an outdoor worship service at 7 p.m. on the church property, weather permitting. If you are comfortable gathering in a physically distanced, mask-wearing group of people for songs, prayers and a message, we invite you to worship with us.
Here’s what we ask of each of you who are planning to join us for worship:
- Reservations are required so we can manage the size and know who is coming (the link to make your reservation is below).
- We are making room for up to 25 family units (or 75 people) in designated family “circles” that are 6 feet apart. Families can be one person or many people, according to who is living in your house and in your “bubble” right now.
- Everyone who attends must wear a mask – we will have extras if you forget yours.
- Please bring your own chair / blanket as chairs will not be available.
- The building will be closed (except for emergency use of the bathrooms – please go before you come).
- Please arrive no early than 10 minutes prior to worship, keeping your distance from others as you arrive and departing following worship. Please refrain from “mingling” before, during and after worship.
- Worship will be no more than 30 minutes in length.
- Children are welcome in worship as always, following the same guidelines as their parents. Every member of a family unit should stay in their designated area.
- The playground will be closed to use before, during and after worship.
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or if you feel your personal circumstances put you in the “high risk” categories established by the CDC.
- If you become ill after attending worship, please let us know. We are keeping attendance so that if someone becomes ill, we have a list of people to inform.
- Should the weather necessitate cancellation, you will receive that notice around 4 p.m. on the website, on our Facebook page and via email if you are registered to attend. The tentative reschedule date is Sunday, Sept. 13 at 10 a.m.
If you would like to come worship with EPUMC that night, please make your reservations by clicking the link on the home page and following the instructions.
Our desire to keep everyone in the community of faith safe has caused us to move slowly toward in-person gatherings. We hope that participation in this worship experience will allow us to consider more outdoor worship gatherings before the weather prevents it. That will be determined, in part, by how well we do at keeping the protocols listed above.
Our online worship will continue to be available every Sunday. This outdoor worship, and any that come after it, will be in addition to that and another way to build community, connect with one another and praise God together.
Looking forward to every worship experience with you!
Pastor Becky Jo Messenbrink